Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Home Shrine

Home Shrine

A brief description, with photos if possible, of the Dedicant's home shrine and plans for future improvements. (150 words min)

My home shrine was a small, almost square table, with a bottom shelf. I copied a pattern of oak leaves and acorns, and burned them into each corner on top. I also burned and "egg"/oval into the top center.
In a huge vase, standing behind that table, there was a tall bamboo plant that was the "Tree". A terra cotta bowl, painted blue and green on the outside was the "Water" vessel. A five-headed dragon incense burner, along with four small dragon candle holders - each one with their stones the corresponding colors of the Elements - are "Fire". Two small pewter bowls for offerings. A candle snuffer. Sacred crystals and stones. Two chalices: one plain for the Outdwellers; and one dragon chalice, four-sided with stones the colors corresponding with the Elements, for myself. A tiny bell for signaling the beginning, ending and other pertinent places during ritual. The table itself is bare, or covered with a hand-crocheted dragon cloth.
I keep dragons with me and use their wisdom, at all times.
I now have a bigger table that holds more/has more space OR I can make my shrine as simple as I choose, per High Day/ritual. With my shrine facing the East and waking sun, plus being in the sun room, it is very easy to have a peaceful morning ritual. A beautiful place for meditation, relaxing, speaking with the Kindreds, contemplating the Cosmos, Mother Earth, the Ancients, Ancestors and Shining Ones, and enjoying a cup of coffee as I converse with my deities.
I have a long, low-ish cabinet that I will be replacing both the tables with, just the right height for standing or kneeling. I'm very happy to be doing this, as I will now have the shrine space to create the sacred space that I have truly wanted it all to become. (330)

Original shrine


Dragon shrine cloth


Next shrine


Soon to be new shrine



I have moved into an apartment and the long, low table is now my shrine

No comments:

Post a Comment