Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Dedicant Oath Rite and Self Evaluation

Text of Dedicant Oath Ritual and Self Evaluation

The waxing moon, April 20, 2015



(Circle the hallows three times, upon entering the sacred space.)
"I walk this path of the sacred well.
"I walk this path of the sacred fire.
"I walk this path of the sacred tree." Xs 3

Meditate
Using the Two Powers, I will center and ground, release and reconnect. I will relax and find peace as my body and mind are preparing for this most sacred of Oaths upon myself.
Upon walking to my shrine, I close my eyes and breathe deeply, in and out. Open my eyes and begin.


(pour the water from the well and start the incense from the fire)
Opening Prayers
"Today, I find myself in this most sacred of space, requesting All to be with me as I make my Dedicant Oath."


Purification
"With these waters, I present myself cleansed to give my oath before you." (touch water to my head)
"With this fire, I present myself purified that my oath will be spoken in pure light." (allow the smoke from the censor to encircle my head)
"Those who would reject this space and my oath, I leave you this to please you and leave me in peace." (give offering of mead to the Outdwellers)
"Mars, God of boundaries, I request that you keep the boundaries strong against any who would oppose my workings. (give offering of silver trinket(s))

Statement of Purpose
(speak boldly and with clarity)
"To be standing here at this time, I request that my deities be near and to hear me. I have come as a Dedicant with land, sky and sea to be witness to one journey's ending and a new journey to begin."

Re-Creating the Cosmos
"Daearen, upon you I stand, here in the lárnach, with the spéir above me. The worlds are all about me. 
"Well, fire and tree.
Land, sky and sea.
Kindreds do bless us all.
Our worship be humble, full.
Hearts and soul shine pure.
Our love and actions prove true."

The Earth Mother
"Gaea, today I seek your pleasure! Mother of all upon and in you. Be it please you to always use your power for new growth, life and to strengthen us all."

Hearth Goddess
(light the chosen candle) "Brigid, goddess of the flame, you reside here, in my home and my heart. I ask that you see your way to honor my oath."

Patron Goddess
"I ask you, on waves and light to hear my voice calling. Here me, as I give my dedication to you, Goddess Danu. Help keep me aware that you are here and never let me forget my place. Please accept the honor and respect that I bestow upon you and know that my hearth and home are yours to enter in welcome. Accept my open heart and worship as a blessing to you. Thank you for being here with me, as I make this oath."
Opening the Gates

"Gatekeepers, I call now to Cernunos, God of the Underworld, that I may be able to open the between. To Nematona, be with me as I stand here in the in between. To Arianrhod, keeper of the sky, watch over me as I gather my oath about me. My power will grow, as you have allowed mine to blend with yours. With Well, Tree and Flame, a place of gathering has been created for and between the realms. Gatekeepers open the gates, open the gates, open the gates."


The Three Kindreds

Ancestors
"A child of the earth calls out to the mighty dead. My ancestors, hear me on this night. My Ancients, from the land of my father's, father's birth; my Ancient Druid Ancestors; I welcome you to my fire and do here ask that you can come again and share. To the wondrous lives that have gone on before me, both of blood and that I have known, you honored me by being who you are and have made a huge impact on my life. I ask you to bear witness to my oath and I ask you help me guide my feet, my ways, as I walk with wisdom, this path of the Druid's way." (pour mead)

Nature Spirits
"I call out to the leagues of Nature Spirits to be with me this night. Hear me and harken to my voice, oh spirits of the wood, feather and scale, leaf and root, stone and stream, fae and all. I welcome you to my fire. All Spirits, I ask you to bear witness to my oath. I ask you to bear witness to my oath and I ask you help me guide my feet, my ways, as I walk with wisdom, this path of the Druid's way." (make grain sacrifice at the tree)

Shining Ones
"I call out to the host of Shining Ones. Gods and Goddesses of all and old times, please hear my prayers. I ask you to hear my voice and witness my oath. I pray you empower my ways as I walk the path of divine magic. Celtic deities of long ago lives and lands I thank you for the lives you watched over that created me. Shining Ones, I ask you to bear witness to my oath and I ask you help me guide my feet, my ways, as I walk with wisdom, this path of the Druid's way." (make paper/genealogy sacrifice to the Fire)

Druid chants:
Gods and dead and spirits all
Hear my offering, hear my call
By fire and well and sacred tree
From land and sky, and from the sea
Now come, I pray you, to the grove
and bring your wisdom, strength and love.

Key offerings

Danu, Dagda, Morrigan, Ogham, Brigid you each, in turn have come to me. Guided me when I wandered. Nudged me when I lapsed. You each allowed me to see my own powers within and without. You have guarded and watched over me, blessed and censored me. In praise of all you do, have done and will continue to do, I welcome and ask you to attend my oath and accept this offering. Danu my Patron, thank you for allowing me into your world. (pour and offer Tullamore Dew)

The Oath Offerings

As I have come, bare before this great company, I ask you to receive and accept my oath. I do give oath to honor the elder ways, the ways of the Ancients, the ways of the old world. I have come seeking, to learn at the fire, the well and the gates of the in between. Here me, oh great one, as I offer up these gifts, these sacrifices, that I give to you in your honor. Mighty Shining Ones, please hear me, I pray.

I am LiRae Mullen Sullins, of the Clan Mullen of County Galway, Ireland and Missouri, and it is my will to walk the Pagan way. The Druid way. This all I swear by the gods, and by the dead and by all the spirits. I swear to live by the virtues given by tradition, to strive to live well and do good.

I swear to keep the wheel of the year, of the Druid way. I swear to seek the truth of the elder ways, to learn the lore and meaning of our ancestors' wisdom. These things I swear by the well that flows in me, by the fire that shines in me, by the tree that roots and crowns my soul.

Before all the powers, and especially before my gods, Danu and Dagda, I so swear it. may the three worlds rise against me if I am forsworn. So be it!

Now let my vice arise on the fire, let my voice resound in the well, let my words pass the boundary to the spirits, Mighty, noble and shine ones, accept my sacrifice and my oath!"
(give the sacrifice of a ring, grain and wine)



The Omen

In the acceptance of my offerings, I have been gifted these blessings in return, in which I will look closely at current situations, gathering information about them and wisdom will come from learning. I will use intuition and logic to understand this new knowledge and insight will lead me me; there are great changes in my future, that cannot be rushed or prevented. They will in their own time, and will allow myself to feel all emotions, negative and positive
. The Omen, The Hermit, comes to me at a time when I feel he, perhaps, has been there a long time. There is no better time. There is no other time. There is the now. To set any inhibitions I may have about being more than Solitary, set in my comfort zone, aside. I will focus on my Spiritual guidance within and for myself as I travel this new journey into being accepted into Druidry.

A Charm for Blessing the Dedicant's Cup

"Ancient and mighty ones, I have honored you. Now I pray you honor me in turn, for a gift calls for a gift. I thirst for the waters of wisdom, of bounty and rebirth, from the bosom of the Earth Mother. I open my heart to the blessing of the great ones, and pray you hallow these waters."
(Drop the black sphere into the cup.)

"May the dark waters of the underworld rise in this cup of blessing. As I drink, may I know the depths of the world's chaos, the all-potential in which I am rooted. May the Mother
of all know me, and grant me wisdom, love and power."
(Drop the crystal point into the cup)

"May the shining light of the heavens blaze in this cup of blessing. As I drink it, may I know the heights of the world's order, the seed of life that quickens the spirit. May the fire father know me, and grant me wisdom, love and power."
(Drop the two-colored stone into the cup)

"In this cup of blessing the two powers meet. Let it be as a
boundary place, and let magic be its substance. As I drink
let the way Between be open in my heart. May the keeper of
gates know me, and grant me wisdom, love and power.
Now I pray to you, O spirits, hallow these waters, and I will rejoice
in your gift. Bless my spirit and my life with health, bounty and
wisdom as I drink the sacred waters. Behold the waters of life!"




The Blessing

"By the might of the waters and the light of the fire,
by the three Kindreds in the three worlds do I bless this token.
May it serve always to remind me of my oath as I wear it near my flesh.
Let the blessing of the powers shine and flow in it, turning aside ill
and kindling wisdom, love and power in my spirit. So be it!"

Thank the Beings
Here I give thanks to All: Danu, Dagda, Morrigan, Brigid, Oghma, Cernnunos, Nematona and Arianrhod. I thank you for the honor of your presence at this most sacred of rites, my Dedicant oath.

Closing the Gates
Arianrhod, Nematona, Cernnunos, I ask that our powers be as one as we gather to leave this space. Allow the tree to be wood, the fire to be flame and the well to be water. Now, close the gates!

Thanking Mother Earth
Great Gaea, today the pleasure was all mine, and I thank you. As you have allowed me to walk upon you in this sacred time, know that I will always remember and keep you, as I walk from this place.

Closing
The Dedicant oath rite I have given has ended. I now walk forward into a new journey on my dedicated path, in the Druid's way.

Ground and Center
Blow out the candles, pour the water/drinks into one vessel, place all foods into one dish, take them with me as I leave the space and pour/place them at the fence, the base of my neighbor, Lady Oak. Now I will set on a blanket, in silent meditation upon a blanket.







Self-Evaluation

On the day of my oath, I bathed in lavender and sage oils. Rinsing my hair in apple cider vinegar. I put on a oil of Dragon's Blood as a scent, on each of my chakras, upon my feet, the back of my hands and the back of my neck. I wore my wolfhound triskele, moonstone ring, white gown, braided belt w/boline, my hair down and my feet bare. The mighty, wise dragons would be with me, Fafnir, Sairys, Naelyon and Grael.
The sacred three had been set outside on the shrine prior to today. The orb, the crystal point and the two-colored stone. An hour before time I set all candles in place. Before I began my initial ritual, I filled the chalises and bowls of all offerings and sacrifices.
Upon finishing the Two Powers meditation, I felt the changes around me begin.
When I walked up to the shrine and took the few moments to settle and pray, there was strength in me and a purpose of body, heart, mind and soul. My words were so bright and clear. I could have been speaking with a Grove. With each word I spoke, I felt the powers gathering and building. There was an excitement in the air. And, I am a Solitary. It was so beautiful knowing that I was not alone. That I was in the presence of host of glorious beings. When you stand before All, before your Gods and Goddesses, the Kindreds, the Hallows, the Realms, Mother Earth, it is such an amazing feeling. Knowing you are at the mark, at the spot of being able to converse with and in the between worlds. The barrier, the boundries have been lifted for that brief moment in time, makes you realize how truly vast our entire universe truly is and we are just a small drops in it. For just that moment, you know how truly small you really are, yet what a significant role you play in the entire puzzle, as a whole. It was such an incredible feeling that I was giving my oath, swearing myself to a beautiful way that would keep me growing, learning and moving forward upon my chosen path. I was glad I didn't 'read' like I was going over a shopping list. I learned my rite and it was clear and precise. I swore an oath before the beings, I would not do it in whispered tones.
I don't see that I had any fails. But, I do know my shrine wasn't large enough for what I needed to put on it. (*note-look for or make a bigger outside shrine...we have small dogs)
Aside from that short coming on my part, I left the sacred space with a new peace inside of me. A new spark has been lit. I am me and I know that. But, I am a better me than I ever was before. I am ready to step forward into the unknown and gain new knowledge. I am ready to continue my Druid path. (510)

No comments:

Post a Comment